In this information era, it is your mobile phones that gives you the much-needed edge. The indispensability of mobile devices is unquestionable. It is not just a tool of communication but a total package of infotainment and efficiency.
The quality of your device plays a critical role in making you really smart in the information era of the 21st century.
You must be using some smartphones with all advance features, thanks to revolutionary advancement in mobile technologies now you have a great many options of mobile phones at a very reasonable price.
In 2020, you will have several options for high-end phones in this price range.
Top 10 Mobile Phones in India 2020
- OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
- Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 (5G and In-Display Camera)
- Vivo V19 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S11 and S11 Plus
- Huawei Mate 10 (folding phone)
- Xiaomi POCO F2
- Xiaomi K30 Pro
- Oppo Realme 6
- Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
The trend suggests that 2020 will make your phone smarter in terms of features, functionality, and of course the appearance.
If we go by launch schedules of high-end flagship brands such as Apple, Samsung, Google, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, and HTC, you will have several advanced features at a low price range.
Let us look into the top 10 upcoming mobile phones in 2020, along with their prices, launch dates and specifications.
OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
- The Oneplus 8 and 8T Pro are expected to be launched in May 2020 with some improvements over the OnePlus 7T and Oneplus 7T Pro.
- The price of the base model will be Rs. 33,999 and go up to Rs. 52,999
- Featuring Quad Rear cameras with improved low-light performance (TOF depth sensor),
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor, Android 10.0 Out of the Box with Oxygen Os, No 3.5 mm headphone jack – Switch to USB type C earbuds and FHD+ Super AMOLED No Notch display to ensure full vision.
- The company is expected to launch a 5G model of Oneplus 8 Pro. The phone will have a glass back design and feature a large 6.5-6.6 Inch Super AMOLED Display, with (1080×2340 pixels) and 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL
The Google Pixel 5 and 5 XL expected to launch sometime in the middle of 2020, with the base models priced above Rs. 70,000. These phones will come with triple cameras along with Google’s signature computational photography leveraging machine learning and AI processing to give off excellent images.
- These two Pixel phones are expected to have a 90/120 Hz display to provide a super smooth user experience. Pixel 5 will feature a Full HD+ display panel, while the 5 XL will come with a Quad HD+ OLED display.
- Soli, the cutting-edge project, will enable users to use gestures for dismissing calls or swiping photos, including several other functions. The phones will also feature the IR face camera similar to the iPhone Xs Face ID for secure unlocking. The phones will run on the latest Android Q, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and 6 GB of RAM.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 (5G and In-Display Camera)
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 expected to launch in the first half of 2020 and will likely come with in-display cameras.
- Expected to be priced at Rs. 57,990, the phone will feature a full vision, nearly bezel-less, curved display, with the bezels being uniform and very thin. It will have dual rear cameras with 12 MP lenses and an f/1.8 aperture with OIS support.
- The front will also have dual cameras (24MP+2MP) for taking images having the Bokeh effect. The Mix 4 can have up to 12 GB DDR4 RAM and a storage capacity of 512 GB.
- The device can come with 5G and 4G models and have a 4500 mAH battery with 45 watts wired and a 30-watt wireless charging.
Vivo V19 Pro
Vivo is making waves in Indian mobile space with series of launches in recent past. Going with the trend the company is all set to launch the Vivo V19 and V19 Pro in first quarter of 2020, around the IPL tournament. As an official sponsor of the tournament the company would leverage the high-power mega tournament to penetrate the highly competitive segment.
- Although there inst much known about the specification of the phone yet, but experts are of view that it will be a nice upgrade with a 6.38-inch full-HD+ display with punch-hole design.
- Vivo V19 is likely to have the Snapdragon 665 SoC with a diamond-shaped quad-rear camera, similar to the Vivo S5 model. If we go by rumor mill, the device could feature a 48-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera along with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. There are no official words on the price tag, but going by the feature and specification it is likely to be below Rs. 20,000.
Samsung Galaxy S11 and S11 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy S11 and S11 Plus will launch in March 2020 at a price tag beginning at Rs. 83,990. The Samsung S11 will likely have a punch-hole camera like the Note 10 but no under-display camera. The two phones will have thinner bezels compared to the Samsung S10 and come with a second-generation in-display fingerprint scanner to convenience users.
- The phones will come with Samsung’s Infinity-O display with Quad-HD resolution. The company may include a 120 Hz display as well.
- The two phones will come with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core processor and the Adreno 650 GPU, featuring a rectangular back camera with up to five lenses. The S11 series may also feature a bundled 45-watt charger for a speedy charging experience.
Huawei Mate X (folding phone)
Along with the Samsung Galaxy Fold, Huawei’s Mate X is the only new folding phone slated for launch in the first quarter of 2020.
- Starting from Rs. 54,990, the Huawei Mate X comes with 6.6-inch dual displays, while the rear will have a thinner 6.38-inch display.
- The display becomes an 8-inch single panel when not folded. The phone will feature the Huawei EMUI software along with the Android 9.0 pie.
- It will be powered by the Kirin 980 Octa-Core processor made with 7 Nm technology, thereby significantly boosting gaming and multi-tasking performance.
- The Mate X will have a 4500 mAH capacity battery and a 55-watt charger that charges up to 85% in just 30 minutes.
Xiaomi POCO F2
The POCO F2 is slated to launch in June-July 2020, priced between Rs. 20,000, and Rs. 25,000 with a new Qualcomm processor, the Snapdragon 855 Plus.
- Featuring a better design, Xiaomi use a better display on the POCO F2, most likely a waterdrop notch for a better experience, including no screen bleeding issues.
- The base version of the POCO F2 will come with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, and this can go up to 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage. The phone will not be as pricy as the OnePlus 6T but will continue to offer great value for money.
Xiaomi K30 Pro
The Xiaomi K30 Pro is expected to launch in March or April of 2020, carrying a price tag of Rs. 31,999.
- The phone will feature the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and the Adreno 650 GPU. The processor will offer 5G support and supports cameras up to 200 MP with an 8K video-recording capability.
- The phone will have a Quad-Rear camera setup and use the Sony IMX 686 and a 64 MP sensor as the primary lens.
- It will also feature a punch-hole 6.67-inch display and a 120 Hz Super AMOLED panel with FHD+ resolution.
- The storage capacity will be 128 GB storage with at least 8 GB DDR4X RAM to make the device fast.
Oppo Realme 6
Oppo is expected to release the Rs. 10,999-priced Realme 6 during the first few months of 2020, featuring the latest processors such as the Snapdragon 710 or 712.
- The phone will have a Quad-Camera setup and a 64 MP sensor as the main camera. It will come with an 8 MP ultra-wide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor, including a 2 MP macro-lens. The Chinese smartphone company is believed to be developing its OS besides the Color OS 7.0 and Android Pie.
- The Realme 6 sports a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a water drop notch that offers a 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution. Fueling the device is a 4200mAh cell that comes with VOOC charging support for quickly getting it to full charge in a short duration.
- The phone packs 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, and A-GPS.
- There is a fingerprint sensor at the rear, a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer, and a 3.5mm headphone jack to use traditional wired earphones.
Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
Apple is slated to launch the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 PRO Max around September 2020.
- The iPhone series will have screen sizes of 5.46 inches, 6.1 inches, and 6.7 inches and begin at a price range of Rs. 119,999. Rumors suggest that Apple may also launch the iPhone 12 Max next year. Unlike the iPhone X, the new iPhones will have a smaller notch or no notch at all and come with a completely new design.
- The Pro models will have a 120 Hz display and thinner OLED panels from Samsung. Apple will introduce the new A14 chipset with the new iPhones, which will be much faster than the Qualcomm processors.
- The company will add a 30-watt to 50-watt charger to the iPhone 12, and all the new phones will support 5G technology. The phones may feature a higher megapixel camera with 40 to 64 MP lenses in the top models.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Smartphone in India 2020
It is almost impossible to imagine a quiet life without an advance smart mobile phones. The quality of your smartphones decides how efficient and effective your life would be, meaning how intelligent your life will be.
The flood of smartphones in the market and similarity makes it extremely difficult to choose the best. You don’t need to be an expert to decide which phone is the best.
Here are some of the factors you need to consider while buying your android or iOS device.
- Listen, but don’t go blind to facts and functionality — make up your mind after reading experts’ reviews and then take the final buying call.
- The processor is the mind of your mobile devices, so invest your money on the process as this decides the efficiency, speed, and smartness of your device. If you love playing games on mobile, go for a smartphone that offers you the best processor.
- All functionalities and smartness are of no value if your phone doesn’t have good battery life. It is a “mobile” device to help you on the go, so go for a phone that offers you go to battery backup, meaning in the range of 4000 to 5000 mAh.
- You’re RAM i.e., random access memory, should be compatible with the processor. Better RAM with a lousy processor is not a good deal.
- Camera quality is the most promoted aspect of mobile advertisement. High megapixel isn’t the guarantee of a high quality picture but better size picture. You should check the IOS, aperture, auto-focus, and flashlight features of the mobile camera.
- Look and feel matters most in today’s world. Your phone must be good looking along with a smooth user interface. The operating system should be of the latest version.
- Come to the basics, and your device is a phone, so focus on the speaker’s quality. It is better if your device has a front-facing speaker.
- The storage capacity of the smartphones is a significant factor for smooth functioning. Go for anything above 64 GB of space so that you could keep a good number of apps.
These are fundamental factors one should keep in mind when buying a mobile phone in 2020. Most of the devices have good memory and functionalities. If your budget permits, don’t compromise on the processor.
Buy a good quality metal body lightweight phone for a smart look. Don’t be in a rush to buy on launch date; wait for a few days as several mobile experts share detailed reviews. These reviews could be of great help in deciding the best mobile phone in 2020.